Pinspired Project with a Potter Twist

March 8, 2012

Do you follow The CSI Project yet?  They have a fun crafty challenge each week.  Last week was birthdays and this week is dedicated to Pinterest inspired projects.

Like most of you, Pinterest is one of those places that sucks me in and spits me out hours later wondering what day it is {Is it 5 a.m. or 5 p.m.?!}.  And yet again, like most of you, I pin tons of projects with the hopes of one day getting around to doing it myself {one day seems to get further and further away all the time}.

This challenge was the perfect excuse to get something done, but what to choose?  With so many amazing projects in the Pinterest galaxy it was difficult to choose only one.

I wanted to select something that wouldn't have me running around town gathering supplies, and sooo... AHA!

THIS ONE!



I don't need to tell you how beautiful this DIY canvas art is {do I?}.  I found this masterpiece on cupcakeMAG Editor's Pinterest DIY Love board.  She used a blank canvas, paint, fabric, glue and a dahlia stencil.  I absolutely love dahlias, but I wanted to go a completely different direction with this pinspiration project.

My beautiful Maia's sixth birthday is next month so I thought I could create a big girl bedroom piece of art.  To mimic Miss Maia's style, I wanted a girly girl meets Harry Potter piece of cuteness and by Harry I think I did it.



This canvas, meets paint, meets fabric perfectly Potter piece of art is just what I imagined it to be.  The best part?  I had EVERYTHING on hand!  I used a thin canvas, bright purple paint mixed with a little ivory to soften it up, yellow girly girl patterned fabric, bright 'n cheery yellow twine from The Twinery, Mod Podge and some hot glue.



Got this pretty project all squared away on The CSI Project.

Go check it out and think happy thoughts {win, win, win, win}!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Have your own Pinterest inspired project?  Get it posted before it's too late!

Love Pinterest challenges?  The first Monday of each month you can enter on The Pinterest Challenge.  I did!





The Pinterest Challenge

Check out my other Potter party posts!




Linking up to these fabulous parties:

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

That turned out so cute!! I love how you went a totally different direction, and it is so awesome when you have everything on hand too! Great Job!

Heather said...

Definitely brilliant!!!!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

This is cute! Very creative. Stopping by from Whipperberry. Hope you can come by and visit, soon, too :) have a great weekend! www.bearrabbitbear.com

Erin @ Simply Frugal Mom said...

I'm dropping by as the guest judge on The CSI Project this week. Great job! I love that you took the pin and turned it into something totally different!

Marilyn said...

WOW..This looks amazing.. Thanks SO much for linking to Pin'Inspirational Thursday.. Sincerely appreciate it.. Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend.. Hope you are back again next week.. ;)) xo~ Marilyn

Chrissy + Nate said...

Super cute! Love me some Pinterest-inspired crafts AND Harry Potter goodness! Visiting from CraftOManiac!

www.everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

Great idea - my hubby would love this! Thanks for linking up - please come back this week to link up again - I would love to have you there!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Six Sisters said...

This is so cute! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

Kathryn Pepper said...

Cute! Love Harry Potter! Thanks for linking up to Cutesy Monday!

Kathryn
destinationcraft.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...