And the Award for Best Party Invitations of the Year goes to...

April 16, 2012


... Maia's Harry Potter Party!

**Cheer.  Applause.**


The details are my favorite part...


My favorite part of the wording?  The RSVP.  Expecto Textum!  Oh man, I hope everyone gets it.


The Words.

For the inside of the invites I came up with my own creative wording.  I used the landscape layout with two columns in Word.  For the font I chose Charlemagne Std Bold in size 13 {size 8 and 10 for the smaller wording}.  I printed them in black ink on 8 1/2 x 11 kraft paper.

The Envelope.

I folded them in 3 parts to create an envelope look.  To crease the seams I used a cheese knife {I don't have the fancy tools actually designed for such a thing}.  The cheese knife was perfect.

I cut the shorter fold to create the triangle envelope closure.  I just eyeballed it, so none of them are perfect.

The Stamp.

I bought this on Etsy {HERE}.  It also included a little owl face stamp that I didn't use.  The ink is black and was included.

I stamped the postage stamp first and then topped that with the Hogwarts post office squiggly line guy.  Not sure what the post office refers to this as... but you get it.

The Feather.

I purchased a bundle of 3 feather designs from Silhouette's online store for $0.99.  I ungrouped the bundle to just use the feather you see here.  I sized it to about 2.5 inches long and less than 0.75 inches wide, filled the sheet and cut on white cardstock.

If you don't have a Silhouette, get one.  It is a lifesaver.

The Names.

I printed the names as neatly as possible and in an "official" looking style.

The Seal.

I purchased the faux owl wax seals on Etsy {HERE} in bronze.  They come with adhesive on the back so I just had to stick them on like a sticker.

For the invitations that won't be hand delivered I will probably add a glue dot to the back just to make sure they stick well enough to withstand all the handling between here and their destination.  I want them arriving perfectly {of course}.

Done.


Be sure to check out the rest of my Harry Potter party posts.  


Oh, and did you notice the gorgeous bamboo flooring in several of the pictures?  My husband got the living room and dining room done {with help from some awesome fellas}.   I mentioned the other day {HERE} how worried I was, but all is well!

 I am going to hold off on the reveal because I have a few other things to do before it is complete.


Linking up to these fabulous parties:

10 comments:

Amanda said...

These are too cute!!! We are having a Taylor Swift birthday party that same day! {But I have hardly done anything to prepare!}

Collective Creations said...

Wow! These are amazing! My sis would love these for her "potter" obsessed son! Great Post! Found you on Tip Junkie!

Jelli said...

This is great! You're so creative. I know that I'd be so impressed with this invitation that I'd be super eager to attend to find the surprises awaiting at the actual party.

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

OMG, these are adorable! I love the idea of a Harry Potter party and the invites definitely set the right tone. I'm curious to see what you do for the actual party.

P.S. I'm a new follower.

Michelle Day said...

Hi,

I followed you over from Wow Me Wednesday and I absolutely love these!

I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

Have a great day,
Michelle

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

You've been featured on my link party tonight! Come check it out...don't forget to grab a featured button too! : D

♥Linsey

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

These Are brilliant! Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

Six Sisters said...

These are amazing!! What a fun idea. We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

Sally's Heartful Creations said...

Hi Jennifer! I was looking at my shop stats and saw that people have been clicking it from your blog. Thanks so much! Can I link it to my blog? Also, the stickers are really sticky, they are safe for mailing, no need for glue dots, I learned it the hard way, I used it to stick something on the wall and couple of months later when I peeled it off, the paint and part of the wood was removed! Your blog is really lovely, Im a new follower!

Wenni Donna said...

You have shared pretty awesome party invitation ideas. Last month I arranged my cousin’s wedding at one of beautiful lofty spaces. My sister created lovely DIY wedding invitations for event and we had lovely time together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...